Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Website
Chorrol.com > Mods > Mod Projects > Archived; Tes F'Ruum
Pages: 1, 2
sprgckawl
Production ended a little sooner than I thought tonight, but anyway, this is what I have come up with...created from scratch, respectively. The buttons seem a little out of place, but I couldn't think of anything else to go in those boxes, so that's what I'm most concerned about. Another thing that worries me is size. I run in a 1280x1024 res, and it looks a little small to me, so I'm not sure how other people are viewing it.

Basically, the format would go like: any text news/content could be placed in the content box no problemo, and any large text files (like books, lol) would utilize pop up windows to highlight the piece and keep the user from hitting "back" a lot. This goes the same for screenies etc. This sort of makes more sense to me as the work being viewed would have it's own window and the window would deservingly have a title. Admittingly, I'm biased towards pop up windows cause that's how I surf the net (never "back" only, "right click > open in new").

Anyway, have a look, note some suggestions or whatever. If I get no feedback, I'm sending this to troika to forward to someone who knows PSP to chop and make into a HTML website. Enjoy:

user posted image
minque
well it certainly looks very good.....nice layout and design....yup I like it very much...
sprgckawl
biggrin.gif

But what do you think of the buttons? Little out of place, or is it just me?
minque
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Jul 17 2005, 12:59 AM)
biggrin.gif

But what do you think of the buttons? Little out of place, or is it just me?

Hehe..well they are too modern maybe...you should try to make some oblivion-style ones instead..meaning the same thing though
Soulseeker3.0
ooh ooh going off of Minque's idea for the waiting room mabey you could put Akatosh's symbol, you know, the god of time and all.
raithen
It's good, it's good! Perhaps using Akatosh's symbol would do wonders too. wink.gif
Soulseeker3.0
dry.gif
Megil Tel-Zeke
Hmm it looks mighty small to me O.o

But anyways i agree that the buttons look out of place. I suggest instead of a folder witht he books, why not have a bookshelf with books.

as for the holding pen i'm not sure. what goes into the holding pen? works to be reviewed? If so mayb an open piece of parchment with a quill sitting on the parchment that is half filled with writing then ends midsentence. and have nice little ink blots whre the quill is sitting. not sure if that makes sense.
sprgckawl
Perhaps point me in the direction of a picture or something of this Akatosh? Something I can use or modify smile.gif

Good stuff people, let's keep it comin...
Soulseeker3.0
courtesy of The Imperial Library

user posted image
sprgckawl
Thanks Soul.

I'll let you guys see the results as soon as I get something worthy of being shown. Thanks again for the input.
Soulseeker3.0
np
sprgckawl
Okay ladies and gents, with new and improved revisions:

user posted image

Thoughts, criticisms, feedback etc etc. All is welcome, and I'll take everyone's opinions into consideration. Oh and sorry for the few days it took me to do this 30 minutes of work tongue.gif
Soulseeker3.0
very nice two questions though

1) is that big area, with the more|less in it, going to be an updates section?

2)what is the holding pen image?

Edit: p.s. I probebly wouldn't be able to do that in a month lol
sprgckawl
The holding pen image was a piece of paper with a quill pen, but I heavily modified it, perhaps a little too much - I think I will leave it though. And the more | less thing is where text updates/news will be shown.
jonajosa
Looking quite nice. Keep up the awsome work.

:goodjob:
Stargazey
Very nice! The holding pen image looks weird, but still great.
Fuzzy Knight
QUOTE(Stargazey @ Jul 21 2005, 03:21 PM)
Very nice! The holding pen image looks weird, but still great.

Think it will look better when its larger.. wink.gif But I agree it looks very very nice! biggrin.gif
vaanic~one
Very nice, I am lookinf forward to seeing the site in full.
stargate525
QUOTE(vaanic~one @ Jul 21 2005, 11:39 AM)
Very nice, I am lookinf forward to seeing the site in full.

its very nice. I likey
Intestinal Chaos
Wow, amazing work. I can't wait for this site to come out.
sprgckawl
Thanks for the compliments. I'm passing the file onto my collab partner to chop and code it into a website. I'll bring updates as they come. Thanks again.
stargate525
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Jul 21 2005, 06:43 PM)
Thanks for the compliments. I'm passing the file onto my collab partner to chop and code it into a website. I'll bring updates as they come. Thanks again.

hows this coming? we need a fully equipped library....
sprgckawl
I got a hold of my collab partner last night and he said he was nearly through with the administrative properties of the site. Which is "the bulk of the work." So I expect I'll be reviewing over a fully functional site within the next few weeks.

Edit: Oh and sorry for the lack of updates.
Konji
Can't see the pictures.
sprgckawl
user posted image
Konji
Sehr gut.
minque
very nice indeed... goodjob.gif cake.gif
Konji
What's with less and more at the bottom? Is that for how much you want to read? So if you are tired, you click less, and if you are bored you click more?
sprgckawl
Are you serious?
Konji
No. smile.gif
stargate525
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Aug 8 2005, 04:39 PM)
I got a hold of my collab partner last night and he said he was nearly through with the administrative properties of the site. Which is "the bulk of the work." So I expect I'll be reviewing over a fully functional site within the next few weeks.

Edit: Oh and sorry for the lack of updates.

are you expecting it to be done by the end of the month? (just realized that this is probably a building project...)
sprgckawl
Dunno. Still waiting to hear back from him.
Stargazey
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Aug 23 2005, 03:34 AM)

Dunno. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Ah, ok. Keep us posted. wink.gif
sprgckawl
Will do. If some of you higher ranks are getting a little impatient or what have you, then I can send him an urgent e-mail, as well as PM you his address so you can personally get on him. It will at least get his attention.

I know we aren't here to rush people and keep them from their daily lives, especially when it's a free service, but time is time. I'm sure some of you can agree with me. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted on the latest.
Stargazey
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Aug 23 2005, 06:40 AM)
Will do. If some of you higher ranks are getting a little impatient or what have you, then I can send him an urgent e-mail, as well as PM you his address so you can personally get on him. It will at least get his attention.

I know we aren't here to rush people and keep them from their daily lives, especially when it's a free service, but time is time. I'm sure some of you can agree with me. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted on the latest.

That's not nessecary, at least now. Perhaps if he doesn't get back to you by the end of the month, then you can send him a PM and email.

cool.gif
stargate525
QUOTE(Stargazey @ Aug 23 2005, 10:18 AM)
That's not nessecary, at least now. Perhaps if he doesn't get back to you by the end of the month, then you can send him a PM and email.

cool.gif

august 30th
Stargazey
QUOTE(stargate525 @ Aug 31 2005, 01:59 AM)
august 30th

Duly noted.
Wurlon
QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Aug 8 2005, 06:28 PM)

OMFG THAT"S STUNNING!! AWESOME !!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUl! FANTASTIC !!! WONDERFUL !!! OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD !! SUPERB !!! goodjob.gif
Soulseeker3.0
QUOTE(Wurlon @ Aug 31 2005, 10:23 PM)
OMFG THAT"S STUNNING!! AWESOME !!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUl! FANTASTIC !!! WONDERFUL !!! OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD !! SUPERB !!!  goodjob.gif

umm could you hold off on the caps? I know it might be hard but that is yelling really loudly....
Wurlon
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 31 2005, 08:09 PM)
umm could you hold off on the caps? I know it might be hard but that is yelling really loudly....

I was expressing my excitement sheesh, I didn't get 2000 posts on the TES forums using caps, go look.... kvright.gif
sprgckawl
Well, it seems August 30...actually August 31 has rolled around a bit quicker than expected. Or perhaps it's just been really hectic around my life and I haven't noted where time has gone.

So enough of that, I am about to drop a line to my partner and get the scoop. Hopefully he has some good news for us friends. I will post any relevant news once I get it. Cheerio.
sprgckawl
Yea caps are bad.
sprgckawl
I know all of you grow tired of actually waiting for Oblivion, as well as a web site for this Mod community, but I promise you the time will be upon us soon enough. They say patience is a "virture," and while I don't personally believe this, I suppose it is merely something that the patient tell the impatient to shut them up and give them something to marinade on.

Either way, here is the e-mail I recieved back from my collab partner; as you perhaps already know, I did the Photoshop work, while he is working on the administrative options and coding:

Hey,

yeh sorry been a bit wrapped up with things lately.  I finished an admin
template the other weekend which i will apply to this site.  Really sorry
its moving so slow, got a lot on my mind lately smile.gif

I'm off work next week so hopefully i should get a bit of time to put
something up, im not sure if i have it but could you send me a copy of
the design?  To be honest its been too long since i looked at it.  This
might be a pain but if i am moving to slow and you get a better offer then feel
free to sack me, things havnt been going as expected lately.

If we see how things are looking in about 2 weeks then we can make a
decision if you like? unless thats too long.  Ill try and get started
this weekend!

Seb

And he sent this to me like two seconds later:

Hey,

sorry forgot to mention i will try and put something up to show this
weekend.  I will cut up the design and hopefully put that up before
sunday! just keep nagging me!

Seb

Take it as you will, but honestly I expect a fully complete site within 3 weeks. If this isn't acceptable for enough of you, then I'm sure we could find someone who could dedicate themselves more wholely over at the TES Official Forums. Post thoughts...

Carry on.
lampkin
Hi guys,

Seb here. I thought i would register and add something myself. I aint gonna let you guys down so lets get this thing going, three weeks? easy wink.gif

Sorry its taken so long things have been a bit *expletive* lately and i havnt been getting much done at all. Anyhow! i move house this weekend woo! my own place, finally!

I have the basic template for the site ready and waiting, i'll try and have something to show by the end of this week!

Again i am really sorry for the delay, i shouldnt commit to something if im not going to follow it through. Lets see if i can correct this now.

Seb
sprgckawl
Don't be so hard on yourself lol. We're an easy going bunch...well I am, although I'm really a nobody around here.

Anyway, cheers to the site!
Stargazey
QUOTE(lampkin @ Sep 1 2005, 07:59 PM)
Hi guys,

Seb here. I thought i would register and add something myself.  I aint gonna let you guys down so lets get this thing going, three weeks? easy wink.gif

Sorry its taken so long things have been a bit *expletive* lately and i havnt been getting much done at all.  Anyhow! i move house this weekend woo! my own place, finally!

I have the basic template for the site ready and waiting, i'll try and have something to show by the end of this week!

Again i am really sorry for the delay, i shouldnt commit to something if im not going to follow it through.  Lets see if i can correct this now.

Seb

Glad to see you around, Seb. It's alright if you've been busy, we'll be here when you're ready. wink.gif

QUOTE(sprgckawl @ Sep 1 2005, 09:05 PM)
Don't be so hard on yourself lol. We're an easy going bunch...well I am, although I'm really a nobody around here.

Anyway, cheers to the site!

Yep. We're easy going.

For the most part. wink.gif
Troika
Easy going? I screwed the lot of you over, and you still want to put a huge statue of me in the library... and one that isn't even burning, at that! You guys are saints at the very bloody least...

And really glad to hear that the site's finally beginning to knit together... It should be a catalyst that will get the project back in the fast lae again...
raithen
Hello Seb! Nice to see that you will be around the forums so we can bug and nag you constantly about updates for the site.

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Sep 1 2005, 09:49 PM)
Yep. We're easy going.

For the most part. wink.gif

Except for grumpy old Mr. Corryn! I accidently shot a baseball over his fence, and I haven't seen it since! kvright.gif

QUOTE(Troika)
Easy going? I screwed the lot of you over, and you still want to put a huge statue of me in the library... and one that isn't even burning, at that! You guys are saints at the very bloody least...

Don't worry, Troika. You shall forever burn in my mind! devilsmile.gif
stargate525
QUOTE(Troika @ Sep 1 2005, 06:00 PM)

And really glad to hear that the site's finally beginning to knit together... It should be a catalyst that will get the project back in the fast lae again...

well if you want it on fire, we can easily accomodate... biggrin.gif

and you didn't screw us over, we didn't need you anyway! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.